Make a Sheet Pan Shrimp Dinner with Chef Allison Davis
Sheet Pan Shrimp Dinner
• 1 pound broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon grated or minced fresh ginger
• 1 tablespoon sambal or Asian chili-garlic sauce
• 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
• 1 pound uncooked peeled and deveined medium shrimp
• Freshly ground black pepper
• Cooked white or brown rice, for serving
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions, for serving
1. Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 400°F.
2. Place the broccoli on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with the oil, and toss to evenly coat. Spread into an even layer and roast for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, whisk the tamari or soy sauce, ginger, chili-garlic sauce, and sesame oil together in a small bowl; set aside.
4. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and soy sauce mixture to baking sheet, toss with the broccoli, and spread back into an even layer.
5. Roast again, stirring halfway through, until the shrimp are just opaque and the broccoli is tender, 6 to 8 minutes more.
Serve in bowls over rice, sprinkled with the scallions.
For more information about Midday Kentucky’s Chef, Allison Davis go to www.wildthymecooking.com or give her a call at (859)523-2665.